I’ve gathered a list of online and print resources that I think are especially helpful in the context of false abuse allegations. These resources are divided into two groups — one for attorneys representing clients who have been falsely accused of child abuse, whether through CPS error or direct accusation from spouses or partners, and one for individuals who find themselves facing such false allegations.
This documentary c exposes the over-reaching actions of Child Protective Service agencies and Family Courts across the country, is must-viewing for anyone impacted by false allegations of child abuse.
These resources are geared towards individuals and non-attorneys, although attorneys practicing in the domestic relations and criminal defense fields may also find them helpful when explaining issues to their clients.
- Abuse Excuse — website of Dean Tong, a nationally renowned forensic trial consultant and expert on the issues relating to false abuse allegations
- A law professor explains why you shouldn’t talk to the police/CPS – video of a speech given by James Duane, former defense lawyer and professor at Regent Law School
- The Other Side of the Story, presented by a police officer
- Fight CPS – Website with resources and articles geared towards parents who have been falsely accused of child abuse.
- National Coalition for Child Protection Reform website
- National Coalition for Child Protection Reform blog
- NEW: Kidjacked
- NEW: Arizona Family Rights Project
Other Resource Lists
- List of resources built and maintained by Dean Tong, nationally renowned forensic trial consultant on false abuse issues and author of Elusive Innocence: Survival Guide for the Falsely Accused
- Family Defense Center and Jeanelle H.’s story (a teacher who was target of false accusation)
- “Constitutional Limits on the Right of Government Investigators to Interview and Examine Alleged Victims of Child Abuse or Neglect,” by Terri Dobbins Baxter
- Elusive Innocence: Survival Guide for the Falsely Accused – Written by Dean Tong, a nationally renowned forensic trial consultant and expert on issues of false allegations of abuse, this book is geared towards individuals but could be a helpful resource for counsel to share with clients.
Local Legal Resources
Sebastian County Online
Sebastian County Sheriff’s Office
Do’s and Don’ts of Court for Sebastian County
District Court Fort Smith
District Court Greenwood Division
City Clerk Fort Smith
City Clerk Greenwood
City of Fort Smith Website
City of Greenwood Website
Fort Smith Chamber
Fort Smith Police
Crawford County Circuit Court
Crawford County Sheriff’s Office
Crawford County District Court
Alma District Court
Alma City Clerk
Van Buren City Clerk
City of Van Buren Website
City of Alma Website
Van Buren Chamber
Van Buren Police